Thursday, November 27, 2008

The news

April 2008. The test was positive. The first thought that ran through my mind was, "Oh my gosh! I have to take another one to make sure this is right." Then of course, I couldn't think of how I was going to break the news to people...to my husband Dan, my sister who had lost a baby earlier in the year, my parents that they were finally going to be grandparents. Since I was already planning on meeting Dan for lunch that day, I started thinking of creative ways to tell him, but as soon as we sat down to our Fazolli's and he had blessed our food, I blurted out the news through a huge smile and tears. He had to check his hearing, and I repeated the news. "Hon, I'm pregnant." We both sat there dumbstruck looking like two silly idiots, smiling from ear to ear and crying.

A few weeks later, we were in at the doctor's office for an emergency ultrasound to make sure there was a heartbeat. I had some bleeding and was scared to death we'd lost him already. Thank God we found one. Again...tears of joy.

May 2008. Mother's Day. I handed Mom her gift...a card for grandma to be along w/ an ultrasound picture and an angel of a grandma holding her little blessing. Some more tears.

June 2008. Quad screen. Results come back positive. Tears of fear.

No comments: